University of Gothenburg, Sweden -Axel Adler scholarship: The University of Gothenburg, Sweden is a public research university with campuses in Gothenburg and Malmö, Sweden. The main campus is on the northern side of central Gothenburg (Kungsportsavenyn), not far from Landvetter Airport. The university has close connections with the nearby KTH Royal Institute of Technology in central Stockholm and the KTH Royal Institute of Technology at Östersund in northern Sweden.
The University offers degree programs for all disciplines such as Art, Engineering, Economics and Business Administration, Law, Education, Social Sciences, Medicine, and Health Sciences as well as Natural Sciences and Mathematics. The university does not offer programs in fields such as the arts and humanities, which are instead offered at the KTH Royal Institute of Technology. The University is also a member of CEEPUS (Co-operation in European Higher Education) and the Euroleague for Life Sciences.
The University has over 25 000 students, and more than 15 000 employees. The University of Gothenburg was ranked as one of the top ten universities in Europe in mathematics, computer science, and engineering according to the QS World Rankings 2010.
The scholarship is for Master and Doctoral students in any discipline.
The Axel Adler Scholarship is awarded to outstanding students with an interest in the history of Scandinavia, the Baltic States, and Russia, who are seeking a Master’s or Doctoral degree at the University of Gothenburg. The scholarship covers all tuition fees over two years. Applications must be submitted by February 1st of each year, along with a 500-word statement on why they would like to receive this scholarship and how they see themselves as future historians.
This scholarship has been funded by donations from pupils at Metso Primary School in Charlottesville, Virginia – USA since 2011.
A scholarship for international students to study at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden. The Axel Adler Scholarship is an attractive offer to a student with a strong interest in mathematics or natural sciences.
Free tuition and living stipend up to SEK 38 000 per month.
Value: SEK 600 000 (€67 500) over three years.
Funding: The scholarship is financed by the Swedish Alumni Association and the University of Gothenburg.
Summary of Details of University of Gothenburg, Sweden – Axel Adler scholarship
The Axel Adler scholarship is open to students with outstanding academic performance in mathematics or physics, as well as excellent language skills. The scholarship includes up to 50% of tuition fees at a Swedish university.
It’s difficult to get an inside story on where you’d be most likely to find the perfect university for you – so we’re doing it for you! With a little help from us, we’ll find the school that will provide all of the opportunities and advantages that are necessary for your future success.
Scholarship Host Country: Sweden
Host University: University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Course level Available: Bachelor, Undergraduate
To be funded by: University of Gothenburg, Sweden – Axel Adler scholarship
The application deadline is January 2023.
Documents Needed to Apply for the University of Gothenburg, Sweden – Axel Adler scholarship
The necessary documents are:
- An application letter
- Your CV
- An article of your choice, preferably on the topics of “Science and Technology” or “Innovation and Entrepreneurship”
- This a reference from a person who has known you for more than two years
- Two photographs.
The application letter should not exceed one page, in which you present your reasons for applying for the scholarship. Your CV is to be no longer than two pages. The article must be no more than 800 words, it should not exceed 1 A4 page in length. The applicant’s name should not appear on any of these documents (except for the article).
Eligibility Criteria For University of Gothenburg, Sweden – Axel Adler scholarship
To be eligible, here are the criteria:
- Currently enrolled or previously enrolled in a university, college, or other higher educational institution with a full-time bachelor’s degree program
- Incoming students must have been living in Sweden for the last four years and be able to provide evidence of their residency.
- You must be interested in and committed to learning Swedish
- You must be willing to commit to being an active participant at the University of Gothenburg.
- Your application must include original work or other creative submissions (including narratives) conducted in Swedish.
- Original works should not have been published previously, nor have been publicly submitted in any other contest, such as the American Scholastic Press Association.
- No more than two entries per applicant will be accepted. If a student is repeatedly chosen for this scholarship, he/she will be ineligible for future scholarship opportunities.
- A $500 scholarship is awarded to one winner each year. The prize includes living expenses, health insurance, and study materials.
How to Apply For the University of Gothenburg, Sweden – Axel Adler scholarship
Here are the criteria:
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student at the Swedish language school
- Must have a GPA of 3.2 or higher in the academic year before applying for the scholarship
- Be a citizen of Sweden, Finland, or Norway
- An applicant must already have been admitted as a student at Gothenburg University for study purposes.
It is very important to not forget that you must apply through this scholarship be your application will not make progress if you do so by applying through your university section.
Fields of Study at University of Gothenburg, Sweden – Axel Adler scholarship
The available fields of study are:
- Applied animal welfare sciences
- Applied social and cultural anthropology
- Behavioral neuroscience
- Cardiovascular physiology and management
- Child and youth care
- Clinical dentistry
- Clinical psychology
- Communication technology and media design
- Comparative literature, rhetorics, and cultures with cognate in French or German language, as well as academic writing skills in French or German language.
- Computer Science for Social Good (CS4SG) – Master of Science degree program that focuses on engineering solutions to social problems using information technology. This dual-degree program allows a student to get a bachelor’s degree from the University of Gothenburg plus a master’s degree from the Chalmers University of Technology in just four years.
Benefits of Applying for the University of Gothenburg, Sweden – Axel Adler scholarship
The benefits are:
- scholarship money from the University of Gothenburg
- living allowance from the Swedish government
- help with your studies
- rent in Gothenburg
- an international work experience placement
The Axel Adler Scholarship from the University of Gothenburg is an excellent opportunity. This scholarship offers all kinds of benefits, but the most important one to me was that it helped me become an international student with a full scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I be granted this Scholarship if I am Swedish?
No, this is only for visiting students.
What if I stay in Sweden after my studies?
You can stay in Sweden after your studies for a while.
How much is the Scholarship?
The amount depends on how many applicants are granted the Scholarship. The amount has the last
years been around 4000-5000 SEK.