University of Uyo (UNIUYO) Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Admission Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session Have Been Released And Is Now On Sale [See Application Details And Guidelines]
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into one-year Basic Studies programme of the University of Uyo for the 2020/2021 academic year.
The Basic Studies programme is designed to prepare students for the examinations conducted by the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB). Holders of the JUPEB certificate would subsequently be admitted into the 200 level of the degree programmes offered by the University of Uyo through Direct Entry JAMB in the courses listed below:
(xii) Geography Education
A. Faculty of Agriculture (xiv) Home Economics Education
(i) Agric. Economics and Extension (xv) Health Education
(ii) Animal Science (xvi) Integrated Science Education
(iii) Crop Science (xvii) Library and Information Science
(iv) Fisheries and Aquatic Environmental Management (xviii) Mathematics Education
(v) Food Science and Technology (xix) Pre-Primary/Primary Education
(vi) Forestry and Natural Environmental Management (xx) Physics Education
(vii) Home Economics, Nutrition and Dietetics (xxi) Physical Education
(viii) Soil Science and Land Resources Management (xxii) Religious Studies Education
(xxiii) Social Studies Education
B. Faculty of Arts (xxiv) Technical Education
(i) Communication Arts (xxv) Early Childhood Education
(ii) English G. Faculty of Engineering
(iii) Foreign Language (French) (i) Agricultural Engineering
(iv) History and International Studies (ii) Chemical Engineering
(v) Religious and Cultural Studies (iii) Civil Engineering
(vi) Theatre Arts (iv) Computer Engineering
(vii) Philosophy (v) Electrical and Electronics Engineering
C. Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences (vi) Food Engineering
(i) Anatomy (vii) Mechanical Engineering
(ii) Biochemistry (viii) Petroleum Engineering
D. Faculty of Business Administration H. Faculty of Environmental Studies
(i) Accounting (i) Architecture
(ii) Banking and Finance (ii) Building Technology
(iii) Business Management (iii) Geoinformatics and Surveying
(iv) Insurance (vi) Quantity Surveying
(v) Marketing (vii) Urban and Regional Planning
(viii) Estate Management
E. Faculty of Clinical Sciences I. Faculty of Law
(i) Medicine and Surgery
J. Faculty of Pharmacy
F. Faculty of Education
K. Faculty of Science
(i) Agricultural Education (i) Animal Science and Environmental Biology
(ii) Business Education (Accounting) (ii) Botany and Ecological Studies
(iii) Business Education (Management) (iii) Chemistry
(iv) Biology Education (iv) Computer Science
(v) Chemistry Education (v) Mathematics
(vi) Computer Education (vi) Microbiology
(vii) Economics Education (vii) Physics
(viii) English Education (viii) Statistics
(ix) French Education
(x) Fine Arts Education L. Faculty of Social Sciences
(xi) Guidance and Counselling (i) Economics
(ii) Geography and Natural Resources Management
(iii) Political Science and Public Administration
(v) Sociology and Anthropology
Candidates are required to have a minimum of five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics or any four
(4) other subjects relevant to their course of study obtained at not more than two (2) sittings at the SSCE/WASCE, GCE O/L/NECO and NABTEB. Admission into the programme is usually through a University screening test which will be a computer based test (CBT). At the end of the programme, successful candidates of the JUPEB examination will be admitted into 200 level in various degree courses in the University of Uyo provided they satisfy the admission criteria for such courses.
NOTE: JAMB Score is not required for admission into this programme. Candidates for the 2020 UTME can also
apply as there will be no supplementary application for this programme.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Eligible candidates should pay a non-refundable fee of N15,500.00 (fifteen thousand five hundred naira) only
Online Registration and Payment Instruction
1. Visit http://eportals,uniuyo.edu.ng or www.uniuyo.edu.ng (Click on e-portals link)
2. Select Basic Studies Link and Click on Create Account Link
3. Enter your details and click on Create Account Button
4. Click on Make Payment
5. Select Bank Option or Card Option
6. Click on Generate e-Invoice (Bank Option) or Online Payment (Card Option)
7. Click on Print e-Invoice (To generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number to make payment at any
8. For card option, select the payment type and click pay. On the payment platform displayed, enter your card details and click the “Pay” button
9. After payment at the bank or via card, return to the portal and click on Login Form Link and enter your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number generated, to complete your registration.
Note: (i) The same passport photograph used for the online registration will be used during the Screening
Exercise and for registration after the offer of admission.
(ii) No complaint of wrong Bio-Data or blank photograph will be entertained after submission.
(iii) Candidates who up-load wrong bio-data will automatically be disqualified.
(iv) The same procedure is used for payment of all fees.
Candidates are required to come for the Screening Exercise with the following items:
(i) One (1) copy of the University of Uyo 2019 ONLINE registration form dully completed with the passport-size
photograph printed in colour.
Note: Only colour printout will be accepted.
No GSM handsets, calculators, four-figure tables, wrist watch or any other extraneous materials should be
brought into the screening halls.
Closing Date for registration: Till Government announces school resumption
Date for screening exercise: Till Government announces school resumption
Venue for the screening exercise: PTDF Computer Lab. Town Campus Annex, Uyo