Apply For The University of Westminster Scholarships: The University of Westminster is one of London’s premier independent universities and one of the most creative, diverse and intellectually stimulating higher education institutions in the world.
At Westminster, we offer students excellent quality teaching across an extensive range of academic disciplines, including law, politics, economics, and history. Our creative departments in music performance and dance are renowned internationally for the excellence of their degrees. Our emeritus academics have included Raymond Chandler, Baroness Thatcher, and Michael Gove. Westminster has been voted number 1 in London for both teaching quality by The Times Higher Education Awards 2012/13 as well as being ranked as UK’s second best university by The Sunday Times University League Table 2014/15 (notwithstanding differences between these methods).
Westminster’s main campus is located in the heart of London, just a short walk from the Houses of Parliament and the West End. We also have two London campuses based in Regent’s Place and Victoria, The Brewery Quarter – offering a wide range of part-time courses, and the Chancellors Park campus in Brentford which provides short open study programs to residents. All of our centers are easily accessible by public transport, with Victoria Coach Station located just around the corner from both Regent’s Place and Westminster College.
The University has about 16,000 students including over 800 international students from over 120 different countries as well as offers a wide range of postgraduate courses, covering all aspects of contemporary international study.
The scholarships on offer from the University of Westminster provide a variety of grants, bursaries, and scholarships for students at all stages of their studies. The program covers a variety of subjects, including:
- Teaching, nursing, and nursing research
- Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- Arts and humanities
- Law, criminology, and social policy.
This is a great opportunity to study at one of the UK’s foremost educational centers. The University provides its students with some of the leading trades in the country by offering its students access to world-class facilities such as its laboratory spaces for computer science or materials lab for engineering. It also has state-of-the-art teaching facilities that enable you to achieve excellence on campus.
Some are limited to specific subjects or courses, others are open to any undergraduate or postgraduate year, and some even have conditions for nationality or gender. These scholarships can be used to cover tuition fees, living costs, textbooks, and more — so there’s no excuse not to apply!
Summary Of Details of the University of Westminster Scholarships
In Summary, the University of Westminster offers a wide range of scholarships and fellowships. Some are worth as little as £500 or £1000 while others are worth up to £25,000. How much you can earn depends on your subject, age, and other factors.
It covers tuition and living expenses as well as a cash stipend. Many of the scholarships are awarded through competitive examinations while some are awarded automatically, depending on your background and academic achievements.
The scholarships given by the University of Westminster are open to international students as well as British students. If you want to start your studies at the University, this article is for you.
The Scholarships and Bursaries cover a range of activities including tuition fees, fees waiver, remission fees, and accommodation fees. Scholarships can be awarded automatically or they can only be earned through competitive examinations.
Scholarship Host Country: UK
Host University: University Of Westminster
Program Duration: 2 years
Course level Available: Undergraduate, Postgraduate levels
To be funded by: University of Westminster Scholarships
The deadline for application is December 2022
Documents Needed to Apply for the University of Westminster Scholarships
The Documents needed are:
- Completed application form.
- An online or hard copy of your academic transcripts and qualifications.
- A letter using the official letterhead and addressed to the Scholarships Department, enclosing a copy of your passport details including nationality and date of birth.
This letter must include all of the following:
- A detailed statement of your financial situation, including any awards or grants that have been applied for.
- Contact details and addresses of two referees.
- An indication of your current academic status.
- Your area(s) of study (i.e.; full, part-time, etc.)
If you are an international student you will also need to provide a copy of your visa/passport and all other relevant Immigration documents, this includes any additional documents such as a work permit, etc., if applicable.
If you are applying for multiple scholarships please remember to use a different address for each scholarship form.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Westminster Scholarships
To be eligible, here are the criteria:
- Must be from the UK, Channel Islands, or Isle of Man
- Must have a first-class degree in any subject (or equivalent qualification) with no more than one year of study left to complete
- Must be currently working full time, or intend to work full time after studying for 3 years/4 years respectively
- Must not have completed all the modules for their chosen course on a previous attempt. This means that you should take out a placement if you are unsure whether your chosen course will suit your needs and abilities. Otherwise, you will not be eligible to apply. You cannot re-take modules that previously failed on this occasion.
- Must not be on an academic leave of absence or further education or career break.
- If you are on a full-time employed or part-time employed leave of absence, you must meet all the other criteria above but you will be required to demonstrate your fulfillment of the requirements of your job. For example, if you are working full time and have elected to take a break from study, then this should be in addition to the study overload terms as detailed above.
Similarly, if you are working part-time and have elected to take time away from study for a further career progression opportunity, this should also be in addition to the study overload terms as detailed above.
How to Apply for University of Westminster Scholarships
The method of application is:
- All course applicants should submit a fully completed online application form.
- The online application form can be found online
- To register, applicants will need to provide their qualifications, British Council International School Certificate (ISC) results and a list of any external awards they have received that are relevant to their course choices and application topic areas.
- Once you’ve registered, you will be able to upload your documents and answer questions on the application form. All applications must be submitted by the deadline.
- Acceptance will be based on academic achievement and potential to make an impact within their course area of interest. Applicants are advised to visit the School website during term time to find out more about our academic structure and curriculum, as well as trends in postgraduate destinations, career prospects, and employability.
- Applications for first-year entry are welcome from all British Isles nationals and eligible non-British citizens with strong qualifications in relevant subject areas.
Benefits of studying at the University of Westminster Scholarships
The benefits are:
- Our students get a chance to spend their time developing the skills which will be needed in the future.
- You can choose from a range of academic and professional undergraduate degrees, each with a wide spectrum of courses and options.
- You’ll meet people who share your passion and interests, find out what they’re doing in their research or studies, learn from them and make new friends every day!
- There are more flexible study options available than at other universities — such as online learning opportunities that don’t require you to commit to one campus location for an entire degree program, or shorter course-load options with fewer modules per semester if that suits your lifestyle better!
- You’ll get to experience life in one of the most vibrant and exciting cities in the world. The city has so much to offer, and it’s a great base for your further travels or study-abroad opportunities.
- You can get hands-on experience with collaborative projects, professional internships and volunteering, work placements or shadowing programs, research rotations, and service-learning programs
- You’ll be supported by staff who are passionate about their subject, who want you to succeed, and who know that they want you in their department for the future!
- You’ll get the chance to see inside different industries and organizations, and talk about career paths with people who are in your shoes.
- You’ll enjoy a world-class campus in the heart of one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.
If you’re studying at the University of Westminster, you’re going to have a great time and make lifelong friends, whether it’s your first time studying abroad or you’ve been to other universities previously!
Frequently Asked Questions
The University of Westminster offers a generous scholarship scheme for international students. Our scholarships are normally awarded on the basis of three criteria: academic excellence, development potential and financial need.
To apply for a Commonwealth Scholarship, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of a Commonwealth country. You will still be eligible if you are a refugee or British-protected person. You also need to have an undergraduate honors degree of at least upper second class (2:1).