Uppsala University Scholarship-Are you a high school student applying to Uppsala University? Are you an international applicant and not eligible for a Swedish university scholarship? Would like to study in Sweden but don’t want to take out high-interest loans? Then this scholarship is for you!
The Uppsala University International Scholarship program provides one-year scholarships to some of the most talented students from around the world who cannot afford the cost of education.
The scholarships cover tuition fees and living expenses at a central building in Uppsala (Fridhemsgatan). The scholarships will be awarded to the most talented students from each country and selected students from outside Sweden.
Bachelor Degrees Under the Uppsala University Scholarship
- Game Design and Graphics
- Game Design and Programming
- Game Design and Project Management
- Energy Transition – Sustainability and Leadership
- Sustainable Development in Industrial Engineering
- Leadership – Quality Management – Improvement
Master’s degree at Uppsala University Scholarship
- Aesthetics – Master’s Programme in the Humanities
- American Literature and Culture – Master’s Programme in English
- Analytical Chemistry – Master’s Programme in Chemistry
- Applied Heritage Politics – Master’s Programme in Sustainable Destination Development
- Applied Mathematics and Statistics – Master’s Programme in Mathematics
- Archaeology – Master’s Programme in the Humanities
- Astronomy and Space Physics – Master’s Programme in Physics
- Bio and Nano Materials – Master’s Programme in Chemistry
- Biochemistry – Master’s Programme in Chemistry
And a few other courses and programs for international programs.
Who is Eligible for These Scholarships?
The applicants are required to submit an e-mail application, showing their academic transcript, English proficiency certificate, and one document of recommendation.
Furthermore, the applicants will be assessed in a personal meeting with a scholarship committee about aspects such as motivation for studying abroad, English proficiency, and motivation for Uppsala University as an applicant background.
All applicants will be assessed on individual merits against Uppsala University’s admission criteria. Applicants must comply with all Uppsala University policies and regulations relating to admission, enrollment, and student conduct while at the university.
The scholarships are available to students under the age of 25 who are not citizens or residents of Sweden and intend to register as full-time students at Uppsala University.
Documents Needed to Apply for Uppsala University Scholarships
The list of documents required to apply for the Uppsala university scholarship is provided below.
- Copy of an international passport.
- Certificates of academic results, also known as a transcript, prove that you are academically qualified for the course you are applying for.
- Proof of English proficiency – Certificate in English language or IELTS score(s) (see below).
- The Statement of Purpose (see below).
- Self-addressed envelope with a return postage stamp.
- The original Translated Transcripts (see above) were applicable and requested by Uppsala University.
Later deadlines may apply depending on the online application system used by Uppsala University, please consult their website for more information.
Students who do not have a valid TOEFL certificate can still apply for an Uppsala University Scholarship. In this case, the university will request an IELTS test, so you will need to arrange for a test at an approved testing center.
- Processing Fee
A processing fee of US$50 must be included to cover administrative costs.
Transcripts are official academic records non-Swedish and Swedish applicants must provide copies of all the course work that has been completed at previous institutions. Transcripts must be sent directly to Uppsala University from the institution where you studied.
Students with a Swedish upper secondary school leaving certificate must submit their certified agenda from the school together with a certified copy of the page listing grades (grades are listed on what we call diploma).
In addition, applicants who have completed any courses of study at institutions other than universities or university colleges must also enclose a transcript showing those courses and their grades. Certified copies of translated transcripts in English or Swedish may be required if they are not written in English or Swedish.
- Statement of Purpose
The Statement of Purpose should briefly explain why you are applying for this scholarship and describe your academic background and your plans after completion of your graduate program, including your career objectives.
In addition to the above requirements, applicants with a Swedish upper secondary school faring certificate must also submit:
- For all applicants with a Swedish upper secondary school leaving certificate and the resulting transcript, please note that the university does not accept electronic copies of transcripts.
- It is therefore recommended that you send a scanned copy of your transcript to us by e-mail. Please make sure that this is legible and includes the word “Transcript” or “Transkription” or “Transkript”.
Please note that if you plan to apply for a Master’s degree and have not yet done so, please send copies of all evidence of academic results (transcripts) from previous master’s degrees in addition to your application form.
- Selection Process:
Applicants who meet the minimum eligibility requirements will be shortlisted and invited for an interview. The scholarship will be awarded based on merit, and not financial need. To be considered for this scholarship you must demonstrate that you are the most eligible applicant of your nationality group. This means that if there is another student from your country with a better academic record, they will receive the scholarship instead of you.
Application Procedure for Uppsala University Scholarship
- Fields of study for all international students are offered in a wide range of subjects including engineering, science, and humanities.
- Application to different programs is made through the application portal which you can access by logging on with your credentials
- Students are also required to submit these documents: a letter of motivation or curriculum vitae, and an updated academic transcript that lists all grades and credits obtained at the applicable level (see transcript requirements)
- A student who is applying for two or more programs may be required to submit additional documentation such as school certificates (or other relevant documents).
- Students are also required to submit data about their health insurance coverage for:
- International students whose stay is expected to be less than one year are also required to submit a letter of invitation from a Swedish educational institution, as well as an attestation of sufficient financial resources.
- Information on the application procedure and format can be found on the Uppsala university web page
- As soon as you complete the online application, it will be submitted to the Academic Secretariat who will contact you by e-mail with additional details. You should do so in a case where you have questions or wish to submit your supplementary documents.
- You will receive a response within three weeks, based on the number of applications received.
- Your application will only be processed if the required supplementary documents have been sent.
- If you do not hear from the Academic Secretariat within three weeks, it is important to get in touch with them by e-mail.
- You can also check on any updates regarding your application status by logging in at the Uppsala University webpage.
Students who wish to study in one of these fields may apply for this scholarship at any time throughout their studies at Uppsala University, not just during their final year. They should apply by submitting a proposal and supporting documentation along with a written application.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
Applicants can submit their applications online here. The interviews will take place in November and the final decision will be announced by email. Please complete all of the fields in the online application form and upload the required documents to be considered for an interview.
Benefits of Studying at Uppsala University
As an international student, here are some benefits of studying at Uppsala University
– great teaching
– challenging courses
– good campus life
– friendly environment
– International perspectives on education and research.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Uppsala University free?
At Uppsala University, the cost of tuition varies between Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes. Depending on the programme, one semester of full-time study costs between SEK 50 000 – SEK 72 500.
Is it hard to get into Uppsala?
Students are selected based on entrance examinations and their past academic record and grade. Furthermore, the acceptance rate of the Uppsala University is 75%.
Is Uppsala University free for international students?
Fees. Studying at Swedish universities is free of charge for students who are citizens of the EU/EEA or Switzerland. However, students who are not citizens of the EU/EEA or Switzerland will be liable to pay tuition fees for courses and programmes at Swedish universities.
- Canada Postdoctoral Research Program
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation GDAI Scholarship
- Bern University Scholarship