Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship in Canada 2023 _ The online applications into Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2023 is currently ongoing. Interested persons are to read this article carefully to get every information they need to apply to this scholarship program in Canada.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship was an initiative of the Canadian Government in the year, 2008. It was created to honor the hero named “George Philias Vanier”. Georges P. Vanier was a well-known Canadian soldier who is also a diplomat. He worked as Canada ad Governor-General (from the year 1959 to the year 1967). Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships program is structured in such a way that it has become a hide-out for highly skilled students, talented scholars, as well as bright students – either Canadian nationals or internation/foreign students who live in Canada.
Vanier Scholarship harbors the minds who have strong leadership qualities and students who demonstrate excellent educational achievements in the areas of social sciences, engineering, humanities, natural sciences and health-related areas. The selection criteria for this scholarship will include student’s academic excellence, their research potentials and leadership qualities. As there is no interview organized for the nominated scholars in Vanier CGS of the year 2022, all 3 selection criteria and requirements are assessed via the documents provided by the students through application.
This special type of Canadian Government Scholarship has a straight-forward method of application and selection. The institutes in Canada are given the Vanier’s CGS slot under this scholarship. The applicants have to apply to the institution of higher education and have to inform their willingness to acquire a Vanier Canadian Government grant for their PhD program. All the selected persons for this Vanier scholarship in Canada are gotten from the nominations by the institutions. Read on for the application process and procedure. Moreover, the related links for the scholarship application are given in the article to assist the readers and the applicants towards are smooth application.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship in Canada 2023:
Scholarship Host Country: Canada
To Be Funded By: Canadian Government
To Be Administered by: ” the National Science and Engineering Research Council”,”the Canadian Institute of Health Research”, including ” the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council”.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is to be administered by the Canadian Government agencies which are ” the National Science and Engineering Research Council”,”the Canadian Institute of Health Research”, including ” the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council”. The Vanier scholars are to be awarded by the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship a $50,000 grant each year for 3 years. The program takes in and supports up to a hundred and sixty-six (166) scholars annually. In return, these scholars and top world-class bright brains assist in creating an innovative and effective environment across the Canadian universities, and at the whole of Canada as well.
Benefits To Gain From This Scholarship Program
The opportunity at Vanier Scholarship harbors the minds who have strong leadership qualities and students who demonstrate excellent educational achievements in the areas of social sciences, engineering, humanities, natural sciences and health-related areas. Below are financial benefits to gain from this Vanier scholarship;
- A $ 50,000 grant will be received by the scholars annually and is to last for three years.
- Applicants may have an opportunity to pursue their PhD level studies in his/her own Canadian institutions of choice. The program takes in and supports up to a hundred and sixty-six (166) scholars annually. In return, these scholars and top world-class bright brains assist in creating an innovative and effective environment across the Canadian universities, and at the whole of Canada as well.
- The studies coverage of the applicant will either be fully or partially funded, this will be based on his/her academic achievements, his research proposal, and other remarkable leadership qualities.
Eligibility Criteria For Application into The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Program
- The applicant must be a Canada citizen or international/foreign student who is studying in Canada.
- The applicant must be applying for a PhD level program and must be ready to be a full-time Canadian institution student.
- The candidate is expected to nominated by the university in the list of Vainer CGS universities quota.
- The applicant must be applying for his/her first PhD program.
- The applicant must not be a receiver of any grant, fellowship or scholarship awards from any of the 3 Canadian agencies (CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC ) for their doctoral program.
- The candidate is to have a first-class average in the past two (2) years of their studies.
- Students applying to bag a joint professional degree certificate (MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) are fit to apply, however, only the PhD tenure of such category will be funded by this scholarship.
- The candidates is also expected to show a significant research component, this should be visible in the research proposal.
- The applicant is expected to be a full-time student. If the student has any disability or has to support and assist their family, he/she can be getting registered into the program as a part-time student. For part-time students, the bimonthly study will be slashed to a one-month study unlike that of a full-time student.
- Canadian Federal Government employees/workers can only be fit to apply if they will be ready to have unpaid leave from the government.
- Eligible persons can apply for the Vanier as well as the agency-specific PhD scholarships. However, after the scholarship selection process, if they are chosen for more than one scholarship, they will have to select only one grant.
Application Process Flow
- The candidates must kick-start the application process by first researching about the Canadian institutions via the universities’ Canada website . Make sure that the Vanier CGS quota for the chosen institution is active.
- Once the above mentioned processes are accomplished, you can then complete the application available on the ResearcNet application form. Make sure to go through all the required steps for the Vanier CGS application in the application form.
- The language used in your application can be English or French.
- Make sure that you Follow the presentation standards which are set for the documents that are to be attached.
- Finish all other the mandatory tasks. Bear in mind that Before you submit, your application stats must show that it is completely filled.
- After submitting your applications to the nominating institute, the activity log will lead you to ” complete the activity”. Note that, this application will not in any way be modified in the future therefore be careful.
- If your applications are taken back to you on ResearchNet by the institution it will come back with a revised date. You can as well edit your application then re-submit it.
- If your application is chosen for nomination you will get an automated email and ResearchNet about your acknowledgment slip. If you do not get an mail you can also contact the scholarship host institution to inquire about the status of your application.
Required Documents for Applications into the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship in Canada
The selection criteria for this scholarship include student’s academic excellence, their research potentials and leadership qualities. As there is no interview organized for the nominated scholars in Vanier CGS of the year 2022, all 3 selection criteria and requirements are assessed via the documents provided by the students through application. Here are the requirements to apply for this scholarship program;
- The candidates must have all the following credentials/documents in order to apply for “Vanier scholarships in Canada”:
- A ResearchNet application form.
- Two(2) reference letters.
- A CV/Resume.
- The research contributions (it should not be in more than one page)
- A personal statement that shows the strong leadership qualities of the candidate.
- Two leadership (2) reference letters.
- A research proposal (the proposal should be a maximum of two pages)
- Project preferences (the preference should be a maximum of five pages)
- Academic proofs, student’s academic transcripts and certificates.
- Proof of special circumstances ( this is for cases where applicants are part-time student). The proof is not expected to exceed 0.5 pages.
There are two last days to apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program in Canada.
- Institution Internal Deadline: The proposed last date for institution’s application will show on the ResearchNet. Each institution of higher learning has their own set internal deadline. The candidates applying to such institution have to follow the deadline.
- Program Deadline: The program application last date for online application is on November 1, 2022 (20:00 EDT). This set deadline must be taken in consideration by the nominating institutions.
This opportunity is a special type of Canadian Government Scholarship, it also has a straight-forward method of application and selection. Also note that the institutes in Canada are given the Vanier’s CGS slot under this scholarship. Persons who are interested have to apply to the institution of higher education and have to inform their willingness to acquire a Vanier Canadian Government grant for their PhD program. Good luck!
Frequently Asked Questions
The Vanier CGS award is worth up to $50,000 annually for over a 3 year period, and is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents and foreign citizens pursuing their doctoral level studies at eligible Canadian institutions. There are about 166 new awards annually, with a total of about 500 active awards at a time.
The application portal for this program on ResearchNet kick-started on June 30, 2022. To create your portal for Vanier CGS application: Login to your ResearchNet account. Then navigate to “Find Funding Opportunities” and then select “Apply for Funding” to display a list of the recently available funding opportunities.