West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Timetable for School Candidates 2020/2021 [Final International Timetable], Exam Time Table, Exam Time and PDF
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) 2020 timetable for the May/June examinations (for school candidates) is out. The WASSCE timetable is extremely important for candidates to become well-prepared in advance for the exams.
WAEC hereby urges the candidates to abide by the rules and regulations guiding the conduct of the examination by shunning all acts of malpractice and obeying all Covid-19 protocols that have been put in place at the examination centres.
According to a copy of the timetable obtained by our correspondent from WAEC Nigeria, candidates would sit for Mathematics on August 17 and write English Language papers on August 24 and 26.
It said Mathematics (Essay) holds between 9:30 a.m and 12:00 noon while Mathematics (Objective) holds from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. both on August 17.
The examination body said English Language 3 (Oral) holds August 24 between 9:30 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. for the first set while the second set holds from 10:40 a.m. to 11:25 a.m.
Also, English Language 2 (Essay) holds August 26 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. while English Language 1 (Objective) holds between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Biology practicals hold on August 31 from 09:30 a.m. while Essay and Objective hold August 25 from 09:30 a.m.
Chemistry practicals hold August 7 and 18 from 09:30 a.m. while Essay and Objective hold September 2 from 02:00 p.m.
Physics practicals hold August 8 and 20 from 09:30 a.m. while Essay and Objective hold August 28 from 09:30 a.m.
Economics (Essay and Objective) hold August 19 from 09:30 a.m. while Agricultural Science (Essay and Objective) hold same day from 02:00 p.m.
History (Essay and Objective) hold August 20 from 02:00 p.m.
Literature-In-English (Prose, Objective, Drama and Poetry) hold August 21 from 09:30 a.m.
Principles of Cost Accounting 2 (Essay and Objective) hold August 26 from 02:00 p.m.
French (Essay and Objective) hold August 29 from 09:30 a.m.
Further Mathematics (Essay and Objective) hold September 1 from 09:30 a.m.
Christian Religious Studies (Essay and Objective) and Islamic Studies (Essay and Objective) hold September 2 from 09:30 a.m.
Government (Essay and Objective) hold September 3 from 09:30 a.m.
Foods and Nutrition 2 (Essay and Objective) hold September 4 from 09:30 a.m.
Yoruba/Hausa/Igbo/others (Essay and Objective) hold September 8 from 09:30 a.m.
WAEC Exam Date for May/June:
According to the timetable, the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for school candidates, 2020, will commence on Monday, August 17, 2020 and will end on Saturday, September 12, 2020.
We are delighted to furnish you with the WAEC 2020 Timetable that will assist you with your study for the 2020 WASSCE for school candidates which will commence on the August 17, 2020.
** click on the images for better view**
- Difference in Time on Question Paper and Timetable: Where the duration indicated on the question paper differs from that on the timetable, the one on the question paper should be followed.
- Question Papers to be Given Out in Advance of the Dates They Are to be Taken
- Visual Art 3
- Paper 3A – Instructions will be given to schools two weeks before the paper is due to be taken.
- Paper 3B – Question paper will be given to candidates two weeks before it is due to be taken.
- Paper 3C -Candidates will be required to execute their projects within six months of the examination year. The period of submission of art pieces will be communicated to schools by the Council.
- General Knowledge-In-Art Paper 3: The question paper for General Knowledge-In-Art 3 will be given to candidates two weeks before the paper is due to be taken.
- Block Laying, Bricklaying and Concrete Works 3 (Practical): Question paper will be given to candidates three days before the paper is due to be taken.
- Project Work Papers: The question papers for project work for Basketry, Graphic Design, Leatherwork, Ceramics, Sculpture, Picture Making, Textiles, Jewellery, Painting & Decorating, Dyeing & Bleaching and Leather Goods Manufacturing & Repair will be forwarded to candidates two weeks in advance of the examination. The exact date for the delivery of question papers to candidates will be communicated to them through their schools.
- Visual Art 3
- Extra Time for Candidates with Special Needs: Candidates with Special Needs should be allowed one and half times the time allotted to other candidates.