Truth Quotes – The truth can be hard to swallow, but it’s often even harder to believe. Whether it’s an epiphany you had while walking down the street or something you learned through years of experience, sometimes it takes just one experience or lesson to inspire us toward the truth of things.
Here are 100 when someone is lying and you know the truth quotes that will inspire you to accept and face the truth when you have to deal with a chronic liar whether in a relationship or friendship.
100 When Someone is Lying And You Know The Truth Quotes
1. I hate being lied straight to my face when I know every bit of the truth.
2. You told me a great lie. I haven’t said anything doesn’t mean I don’t know the truth.
3. The worst part about being lied to is knowing that to that person, you weren’t worth the truth.
4. I don’t know what’s worse. People who lie or people who think I am stupid enough to believe the lies.
5. Never lie to someone who knows the truth! Once you do, winning their trust back becomes merely impossible.
6. I hate those moments when a person continuously tells lie but I know the truth.
7. I prefer an ugly truth to a pretty lie. If someone is telling me the truth, that is when I will give my heart.
8. You are telling me the things that I want to hear but unfortunately, I already know the truth.
9. Nothing is more damaging when somebody tells you a lie but you know the truth.
10. Don’t lie to me unless you are absolutely sure that I will never find the truth.
11. People can choose between the sweet lie or the bitter truth. I say the bitter truth, but many people don’t want to hear it.
12. In human relationships are mostly broken when your partner tells you a lie every day but you know the truth.
13. You know the truth, I know the truth. That’s enough for YOU to either be Guilty OR Shameless. The world is not a concern.
14. What an adventure it is to watch someone lie when you know the truth! And yet you afford a smile! For now, they don’t hold.. the place they had once tied!
15. It’s not the lies that bother me, it is the insult to my intelligence that I find offensive.
16. You are still lying to me even though I know the truth already which is why it hurts me so much.
17. Sometimes you just have to listen to the lies even though you know the truth.
18. Don’t underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak, and notice more than you realise.
19. It hurts the most when you know the truth already and that person who’s very close to you keeps telling lies to you.
20. I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset for knowing the truth already.
21. We are never definitely right, we can only be sure we are wrong.
22. Truth is not a security, a refuge. Truth is the liberator, sweeping away all refuge and security.
23. The closer you are to the truth, the more silent you become inside. And the more silent you become, the easier it is to see the truth.
24. What’s true is true regardless of region, culture, planet, galaxy or dimension.
25. I know you are lying to me, but I am not showing up to you.
26. Half a truth is often a great lie.
27. Most people recognize a lie when you tell it. And even if they’re not sure, you’ve left a residue of doubt and mistrust.
28. If you don’t want to slip up tomorrow, speak the truth today.
29. Gaslighting are lies with the purpose to confuse and control.
30. When your ears hear one thing, but your eyes see another, use your brain.
31. Truth certainly liberates, but the truth has to be your own. Only then does it liberates.
32. The busy man has no time for truth. The wise man dedicates his life to it.
33. Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable, but they’re never weaknesses.
34. Don’t keep searching for the truth, just let go of your opinions.
35. The small truth has words that are clear; the great truth has great silence.
36. If everyone says it, it’s either wrong or useless.
37. The truth knocks on the door and you say, ‘Go away, I’m looking for the truth,’ and so it goes away. Puzzling.
38. You are your own teacher. Investigate yourself to find the truth – inside, not outside. Knowing yourself is most important.
39. When you already know the truth, Just smile and enjoy the lies.
40. Maturity is when you know the other person is lying but you just smile and let it go.
41. In the long run, the most unpleasant truth is a safer companion than a pleasant falsehood.
42. Only silence communicates the truth as it is.
43. The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.
44. The things that we decide to run from are the truth. When you make excuses, you’re running from the truth.
45. In order to be effective truth must penetrate like an arrow – and that is likely to hurt.
46. The only way, to tell the truth, is to speak it with kindness. Only the words of a loving man can be heard.
47. If you’re seeking the truth then what you don’t know is more important than you know.
48. I tore myself away from the safe comfort of certainties through my love for the truth, and truth rewarded me.
49. I was too enamoured of truth ever to mourn lost illusions.
50. A man is beginning to learn the Truth about life when he is no longer surprised by anything.
51. Telling the truth and making someone cry is better than telling a lie to make someone laugh.
52. I speak the truth, not so much as I would, but as much as I dare; and I dare a little more as I grow older.
53. The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you.
54. Never has there been one possessed of complete sincerity who did not move others. Never has there been one who had no sincerity and was able to move others.
55. Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world would do this, it would change the earth.
56. The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant.
57. There is nothing more necessary than truth, in comparison with it, everything else has only secondary value.
58. Those who have failed to work toward the truth have missed the purpose of living.
59. If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?
60. The truth is like a lion; you don’t have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself.
61. Truth: something hard to say and hard to hide.
62. The truth is something that burns. It burns off dead wood. And people don’t like having the dead wood burnt off, often because they’re 95 percent dead wood.
63. The truth is silent. The truth doesn’t come with words. It’s something that I just know, it’s something that I can feel without words, and it’s called silent knowledge.
64. Truth is the best disinfectant.
65. If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
66. That’s the most heroic thing we can do now: look the truth in the face.
67. All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. Galileo Galilei
68. Silence becomes cowardice when occasion demands speaking out the whole truth and acting accordingly.
69. The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself.
70. Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say.
71. O, while you live, tell the truth, and shame the Devil!
72. You have to start with the truth. The truth is the only way that we can get anywhere. Because any decision-making that is based upon lies or ignorance can’t lead to a good conclusion.
72. I just tell the truth, and telling the truth is crazy in a world full of lies.
73. I hope that real love and truth are stronger in the end than any evil or misfortune in the world.
74. There are no truths, only moments of clarity passing for answers.
75. Step into your authentic truth, because your truth will light up the world.
76. If we are not ashamed to think about it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
77. The ultimate test of what a truth means is the conduct it dictates or inspires.
78. Proclaim the truth and do not be silent through fear. Catherine of Siena
79. Never ignore an important truth merely because of the amount of work it would take to accept it.
80. If you’re scared, you’re on the shore. If you’re courageous, you’re in the river.
81. To love truth for truth’s sake is the principal part of human perfection in this world and the seed-plot of all other virtues.
82. Dare to seek Truth even through hell.
83. Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.
84. The only reason why I became successful was that I went towards the truth. As painful and as brutal as it is, it changed me. It allowed me, in my own right, to become the person I am today.
85. They had learned that the act of violence is the act of weakness and that the spirit’s strength lies in holding fast to the truth.
86. I know that truth alone gives life, and nothing but going towards reality will make us strong, and none will reach truth until he is strong.
87. Truth is simple. Very simple – so simple that a child can understand it. In fact, so simple that only a child can understand it. Unless you become a child again you will not be able to understand it.
88. Don’t follow anybody’s footprints. Truth cannot be borrowed, neither can the path that somebody else has trodden.
89. Trust me when I say a lie has many vibrations while the truth has zero.
90. I love it when liars are economical with the truth. I can tell it. Just waiting for them to come clean.
91. You know the truth, I know the truth. That’s enough for YOU to either be Guilty OR Shameless. The world is not a concern.
92. Say not, ‘I have found the truth,’ but rather, ‘I have found a truth.’
93. If you want to know if someone is lying to you, start by living a truthful life. Once you live in the truth, you will not be easily deceived.
94. There’s something so humiliating about being lied to when you know the truth. It’s like pretending the emperor is wearing clothes when it’s so clear he is not.
95. It hurts when you tell a lie, and I already know the story.
96. I’m not upset that you lied to me; I’m upset that I can’t believe you from now on.
97. The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep speaking the truth.
98. Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie.
99. I don’t know about you, but I can tell when someone’s lying. They can’t look you in the eye – they look you in the bridge of your nose.
100. The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you weren’t worth the honesty.
- 100+ Gemini Quotes and Captions Celebrating Life and Love
- 100+ Pride and Prejudice Quotes
- 100 Husband Hurting Wife Quotes
- 200 Karma Narcissist Quotes
- 100 Heart-touching Birthday Quotes For Sons
- 500+ Quotes About Not Planning For The Future
The best thing we can do is be truthful with ourselves and others, and remember that the truth will set us free. Realising that there’s only one right way to live and understanding how little we really control can be freeing in a lot of ways.
It allows us to feel less stressed about everyday things and more open to changing our minds when presented with new information. And it encourages us to celebrate a diversity of opinions and approaches.